Re: filmscanners: Vuescan scan from scanner option

Alan writes ...

> shAf wrote:
> >
> >     A very good color space option you may want to eventually
offer is
> > an actual color space specific to the scanner.  For example, what
if
> > the scanner manufacturer provided a look-up table (LUT) type
profile
> > for the scanner ... wouldn't it be a good option to have for being
> > able to convert to that profile and archive it(?).
>
> Not _convert to that profile_, I think, because the data starts out
> that way, doesn't it?  Rather, just embed that profile, right?

    That's true ... 'cept I am at least curious about how Vuescan goes
from "scannerRGB" to "workingspaceRGB" ... that is, Ed somehow makes
Vuescan independent of any scanner manufacturer's device profile, such
that if you wanted your scan in that space you'd need ask Vuescan for
it.  I'm also curious if Ed can allow Vuescan to accommodate and embed
a "LUT-type" profile.
    This is an option I'm not all that hot about, but simply seemed a
logical extention to allowing flexibility to the list of color space
options.  I'm quite content to scan into EktaspaceRGB and archive, but
I do have a LUT profile for my LS-2000.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.