RE: filmscanners: PS with dual CPUs, WAS: Re: Need feedback on VueScan

> Derek, does this mean that a program that isn't specifically written for
> dual processors won't *use* dual processors? That would mean that older
> programs aren't going to be improved by the higher technology. How
> up-to-speed are current developers on that angle?

I'm not Derek, but I'll answer anyway ;-)

What it means is THAT process won't use multiple processors...but there are
many processes running at once, and as such, if there are more processors,
the processes can complete faster...so no matter what, if the OS takes
advantage of multiple CPUs, you will get an advantage out of having multiple
CPUs.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.