RE: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Hi!

I would prefer that vuescan be optimized for the higher resolutions, or
better yet, there be a way to switch between optimizations (something in
vuescan.ini, for example).

I run 1600x1200 on my work computer and on my home Internet and general
purpose computer, but since my wife prefers the 19"monitor on that computer
(for her eyesight), I am still using my old 15" monitor on my
Scanning/Photoshop computer (the faster one with the most memory).  Due to
the age of the monitor, I can't run it at greater than 60Hz at over 1024x768
resolution, which is ok, but not optimal.  I will be purchasing a new
monitor someday (after I buy some new lighting equipment for taking the
pictures in the first place!;-)), so I WILL be wanting the high res
capability.

Is it possible to write the software to detect the resolution being used and
size things accordingly???  Back when I used an electronics CAD package
called P-CAD, I could set the text sizes to a size that made (in effect)
small tabs and thus maximized the drawing area.  I could optimize it for
whichever monitor I was using at the time ( I went through quite a few
between ~1987 and 1997!).  I found this to  be a very satisfactory solution
at the time.

My two cents....

Guy Clark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.