RE: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Your information is incorrect. The horizontal dot pitch of the Hitachi and
Cornerstone monitors is .22mm. This works out to almost exactly 1856. The
vertical is .14.

> With up to date monitors the bandwith should
> never be the
> problem...

That's not true, even with the Hitachi and Cornerstone monitors. They have
several models, and the lower ends can't even physically do 1856x1392. They
won't synch. The tubes are up to it, the electronics aren't.

> BUT the pixels can't get smaller than the dotpitch....

And running the Hitachi and Cornerstone monitors they don't. At 1856x1392
the pixels line up almost exactly with the dot pitch which is what, among
other things such as razor sharp convergence, makes these monitors so sharp.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com