filmscanners: VueScan/Minolta scan order

On Thursday, March 08, EdHamrick@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 3/7/2001 7:20:30 PM EST, collin@pcocd2.intel.com writes:
>
>> Ed Hamrick: is there any way you can reverse the order the frames are
>>  scanned in?  This would greatly improve the usability of this scanner.
>
> This is on my list of things to look into.  It shouldn't be too hard to
> make VueScan do the scans in the order specified.  I actually
> had to work harder to make it sort the frame numbers.

That would be much appreciated, if and when you find the time to
look at it!

One other thing I've noticed is that rotation letters in the frame
list don't seem to interact with the "Rotate" selection as expected.
I did something along the lines of setting frame rotation to "Left"
then entering "1-4,5R,6" in the frame list. The manual says that
the rotation letters add to the default rotation, and I expected the
"R" on frame 5 to cancel the "Left" rotation. Instead, frame 5 was
rotated 90 degrees to the right from normal upright position.

It's OK with me if they don't add--it's simpler to use that way
actually--but then shouldn't there be a letter available for "U"pright
or "N"ormal orientation or something?

I haven't checked to see whether this still happens in the latest
release, btw, and it isn't a big problem. It's just a minor nag to
have to enter a letter for each individual rotated frame if one frame
in the list is upright.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Tim Victor
TimVictor@csi.com