filmscanners: Web Stats - OT

I've just accidently deleted the message I was going to reply to.

Someone posted that the stats show the monitor resolution and that they
design web sites for the largest viewing population. I'm not arguing,but
here's my position.

As we read our stats, most of our clients viewers are looking at the web
sites during lunch hours on Tuesday and Wednesday. That would suggest
smaller older monitors because they're browsing while at work. That would
(and does) dictate using the lowest common denominator of screen resolution
for web design. All our sites are designed to use either the center 600
pixels of the screen, or a percentage width resizable table to hold text.
And for the most part, all our images are sized to 450 pixels.

Now that I've said all that, it has nothing to do with scanning. Most of us
can control what monitors we purchase and how they are set up, as compared
to people using whatever is sitting on their desk that the company paid for
three or so years ago.

Larry

Larry Berman

Web Sites for Artists: http://BermanGraphics.com
Compare Image Compression from the top
Graphics Programs: http://ImageCompress.com
Explore the Art Show Jury process from a web site:
http://ArtShowJury.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.