Re: filmscanners: restorating color

Hi John,

I read the same article, and no, it doesn't require an IR channel.  Both
ROC and GEM can be added to any scanner via software, but it does
require, as I understand it, that it is customized to the scanner.

The results shown in the article samples were nothing short of
miraculous, or at least "science fiction".  Pretty amazing stuff!

Art

John Matturri wrote:

> Read an interesting article about Applied Science Fiction's ROC
> technology of restoring color of old pictures, indicating that it makes
> its restoration on the basis of distinct patterns of grain-change for
> different film stocks. I assume that this doesn't use the IR channel; is
>
> this right? The example shown in the creativepro article
> (http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/11973.html) was pretty
> impressive. How does the ROC method relate to the method used in Vuescan
>
> (which I haven't experimented with but am interested in)?  I'll be very
> interested in seeing reports about this as the new Nikons become
> available.
>
> John M.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.