Re: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements

Ed Hamrick wrote:
> I'm thinking about some improvements to the VueScan
> user interface, and I'd like to solicit feedback and suggestions.

The only interface feature of vuescan which regularly drives me crazy is
resizing the outline for the crop.  Sometimes dragging an edge moves the
whole box, sometimes it's possible to set the area outside the scannable
area, sometimes it drags the corner instead of the side or vice versa.

Most programs which have resizable items change the mouse pointer appropriately
for what kind of drag is available at that point - a horizontal double ended
arrow for horizontal drag, vertical for vertical, angled for corners.  This
adds a visual assistance to the process.

It seems to be too easy to trigger the wrong movement in the crop outline.
 Being able to set the crop outside the scan area is wierd.  I can work
with the behaviour of the crop box, but it means I end up taking a lot longer
to set it than in say the HP TWAIN interface or Nikonscan, where I simply
click on a corner and drag over the region I want.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.