Re: filmscanners: Vuescan - A few technical questions

In a message dated 3/5/2001 12:34:39 PM EST, collin@pcocd2.intel.com writes:

> When the Long exposure pass was first discussed, you mentioned that
>  certain scanners had different options for long exposure levels (like 2x,
>  3x, 4x, etc).  However, Vuescan doesn't seem to give you access to setting
>  which level it uses for the L.E.P.  Wouldn't there be a benefit to
>  providing this as a user selectable option?  A user could start out at 6x
>  and back down to shorter exposures if they see charge bleeding?

Yes, this is on my list of things to look into.  I doubt that it would make
much difference though, since just using multiple passes would probably
work better than reducing the long exposure pass below 6x.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.