Re: filmscanners: Vuescan - A few technical questions

IronWorks writes ...

> ... I have some new questions:
>
> Is the scan in Vuescan's memory the same as the "raw scan"?

    Yes ... I have come to respect VS's "raw scan" ... scan it once
... save if you want to archive ... or 'scan memory' with any variety
of "crop" settings  until the cropped TIFF is perfect.

> And do any of the settings on the Color Tab or the Media tab affect
the scan
> in memory and/or the raw scan?

    No ...

> Finally, if you know (or if it's not a trade secret for Ed), what
type of
> color modification is made by the "Restore Color" option?  I scanned
a Q-60
> without it and the colors were off - Blue was about 10 points too
low.  With
> the Restore Color option checked the result was fairly accurate.

    Hmmm ... interesting ... as if 'restore color' could be considered
a "always enabled" parameter(?)

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.