Re: filmscanners: OT but interesting - Interview with Jay Maisel

Colin,

I haven't been following the 1270/orange shift issue and never thought to
bring it up to Jay. I assume he would have mentioned it had he felt it was
a problem. He was very free with his feelings about all the issues we spoke
of.

Larry

>Larry Berman wrote:
> >We've just finished an interview with Jay Maisel
>
>Yes, that was very interesting. He sounds to be a fan of inkjet prints off
>the Epson 1270, but no mention of the "orange shift". I am probably not up
>to date on this topic, but is that problem more or less solved?
>
>A similar colour shift, to reddish-brown, is even occuring on some of the
>prints off my Stylus Color 600, over only a few months, and they certainly
>are not exposed to much light, in fact they are in an envelope most of the
>time. It might be a particular batch of Epson Photo Paper, S041140, not
>sure yet, but more prints have been done on this and another brand of
>paper as a control.
>
>It's very disappointing to pull out one's prints and see these changes.
>They are only good for the rubbish bin.
>
>Colin Maddock

Larry Berman

Web Sites for Artists: http://BermanGraphics.com
Compare Image Compression from the top
Graphics Programs: http://ImageCompress.com
Explore the Art Show Jury process from a web site:
http://ArtShowJury.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.