RE: filmscanners: Vuescan vs Silverfast control

I use both.

I prefer Silverfast when scanning trannies (perhaps because I used it
first). IMHO it give one excellent control and seems more integrated with
the SS400. OTOH its complexity may put some off.

I prefer Vuescan for negatives. Ed does a great job of providing an
extensive list of profiles for most negative films. Only once was I not able
to get a reasonable match. But that was for Kodak Max GT 800-2. Not my first
choice in film. (I found a usable profile in PRD's Insight BTW.

Try it, Vuescan is a grat deal, as it costs only US$40, and if you have a
problem you can contact Ed here @ filmscanners.

JHH

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.