RE: filmscanners: pc monitors

I've said this before, and it looks like it is time to say it again. The
best 21" black matrix monitor I've ever seen is the Cornerstone 1700p (close
sibling to the Hitachi 814). www.MonitorsDirect.com currently sells it for
less than $1,000 (I bought it at $1,200 a few months ago). This is their
top-end monitor. If you only need 1600x1200, you can save yourself $200 and
get their 1500p. Reliability is often indicated by how inexpensive a service
contract is relative to the purchase price. For $30, you can get a contract
in which they will mail you a replacement the day you call them and tell
them that your monitor is on a blink. Then at your leisure, you can pack up
and ship the bum unit to them. And this is a five year warranty. 'Nuff said.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.