Re: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13...

----- Original Message -----
From: <Bigboy9955@aol.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc.
for printing 8.5 x 11and 13...

> If you save in JPEG once, re-open to work on it once, and
then save it as a
> TIFF,  how much quality do you lose?

Alan T:

Very little, I'd say, as it was very close to a tif version
of the original, at a pixel level. Saving jpegs as jpegs
after reworking several times is probably a bad idea, though
I've got away with it quite often.

Why not try it and see? You'll see differences and jpeg
artefacts quite easily at high magnifications in an image
editor.

>And when you save raw data, what kind
> of file is that and how much space does it take up?

Alan T:

27-40MB tiff from Scanwit/Vuescan at 2700 ppi.

Regards,

Alan T

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.