filmscanners: VueScan USB support on Mac OS

I just thought I'd drop a quick note to let the Mac users
on this mailing list know that I now have VueScan working
with USB scanners on Mac OS.  I'll release this in the next
24 hours as VueScan 6.7.3, but I thought people would like
to know the good news.

It was quite hard to do (I probably spent 100 hours on this),
but it now works reliably, even with multiple USB scanners
hooked to the same computer.  There's a bit of a problem with
some flatbeds (i.e. Agfa SnapScan e50) that can't disable the
button polling, but Epson USB flatbeds and the
Minolta Scan Dual II work nicely.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

P.S. The HP S20 doesn't work on Mac OS however, since the
only way I can talk to it is via an HP .DLL file on Windows that
isn't available on Mac OS.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.