RE: filmscanners: SS4000: Aspi32/Advansys for Win 2000

Frank Paris writes:

"I never even opened up my Advansys envelope, since I already had a SCSI
card, the Adaptec 2930. At any rate, I cut it open just for your benefit,
and found that the wnaspi32 file had a 1998 date on it! I bought the SS4000
towards the end of 2000, too! It has no Windows 2000 drivers on the disk.
Totally disgusting. The way I would look at this is, if I can afford the
SS4000, I can afford to spring for a real SCSI card and forget the Advansys.
The Adaptec 2930 costs $100."

Thanks very much for checking, Frank. If all else fails, I'll get the
Adaptec. Since I was able to download Win 2K drivers for the Advansys, I
just need to find the NTASPI32. I can't understand why neither Polaroid or
Advansys have this on their web sites, since it necessary to run the SS4000
on Win2K using the Advansys card that Polaroid now bundles with the ss4000.

Bill Twieg

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.