Re: ICE--was: filmscanners: Nikon 8000 ED or Polaroid Sprintscan 120 ??

What will be interesting to see is how well Canon's version of ICE performs and
how well made the scanner is for the pro's... If Canon takes the same tack with
scanners as they have with their cameras, Nikon et al had best be ready to run
hard to catch up and ASF will have to take a different marketing tack... This
from a die hard Nikon camera user who is getting ready to switch to Canon's
cameras and lenses....

Mike M.

Lynn Allen wrote:

> Dave H wrote, re: why OEMs don't include ICE:
> >> Several hundred thousand dollar fees might have something to do with it
>
> Ed H wrote:
>
> > ASF has two revenue streams from their ICE product - custom
> engineering support to help develop the product and royalties of
> 2% to 7% of the manufacturers price (this is from their SEC filing).
>
> That 7% almost sounds like an "Uncle Bill" deal to me, without the vast
> volume that made him a multi-billionaire. It seems there could be a more
> equitable way of making everybody happy (except for me and the other minions
> of Grouch&Curmudgeon). ;-)
>
> Best regards & thanks for an interesting discussion--LRA

> FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com
> Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.