RE: filmscanners: OT: How to reset Epsons with "chipped" cartridges

> > The HP gets its ink from esitmating the use from squirts just as
> > the epson dees, however if you took that cart out and put it back
> > in, the printer will think it was full, just as the earlier epsons do.
>
> You should have actually tried it before making that statement. I
> just tried
> it on my HP 2000C and it knows how much ink it has in each cartridge
> regardless of their being pulled out and put back in. What a silly
> implementation HP would be responsible for if what you say were true.

Why would you say that is 'a silly implementation'?  How else would you do
it if the cartridge had no chip, readable ID, no fuses, or didn't have an
ink sensor?  It's a VERY accurate method of telling how much ink is in the
cartridge, but it fails if the cartridge isn't completely filled when
installed.  It is exactly how the chipped cartridges work, but they happen
to write the info to the cartridge, instead of maintaining it in the
printer.

How do you believe your HP cartridge tracks the ink level with the cartridge
if it isn't chipped?  Are there any electrical contacts?  There are two ways
that I know of it can do it without the chip.  One is fusible links, the
second is cartridge ID, and maintain the info in the printer.  It's easy to
tell which one, simply by moving the cartridge to another printer...and see
if it knows the correct ink level, if so, it's fusible links.  Fusible
doesn't have very good resolution though, and can be quite inaccurate.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.