RE: filmscanners: OT: How to reset Epsons with "chipped" cartridges

Just because it can get status information on the ink level in the cartridge
from the printer, does not mean it can 1) write it back TO the printer, or
2) that this information is 'maintained' on your PC.  The PC can query the
ink level any time it wants to.

The HP either has an ink level sensor in the printer (as the Epson 3000
does), or it maintains the ink level in NVRAM (of some kind) in the printer,
as opposed to on the cartridge.

> If the information is not sent back to the computer, then how does the
> computer give a visual display of the amount of ink remaining in each
> cartridge? In fact, the computer is sent this information
> continuously as a
> print is being made, because I can watch the graphs go down as a
> large print
> is being made. Computers these days receive all kinds of information from
> the printer. Even my HP printer sends my computer information on
> ink levels
> and it does it without any visible chip on the cartridge, don't
> ask me how.
>
> Frank Paris
> marshalt@spiritone.com
> http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=62684