Re: filmscanners: storage

Hersch writes ...

> ..., what I think is adequate verification is bringing
> up an image near the top of the list burned, and another near
> the bottom. If they come up and look good, all should be well.

    There was a time when I simply had my thumbnail program create all
thumbs, and I was satisfied.  Since then I found better methods
(leastwise for Win98/NT):

    Adaptec easyCD does have a "verify after write" switch ... it is
however, in unintuitive location ... 'file|CD layout properties' ...

    You can find software available for checking the integrity of
files ... for example calculating the checksum of files in one
directory versus another.  "PA check" is free and available here:

http://www3.zdnet.com.au/swlib/Utilities/File_Utilities/00165T.html

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.