From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of jimhayes
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 10:02 AM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: storage

Yamaha. Don't get a Phillips or an HP. I just got a settlement from a class
action
suit against Phillips CD recorder.
I don't know how Mac's work (PC here), but I have dual  80 mb/sec SCSI HD's
and the
Yamaha on the same chain with a couple of other things and an active
terminator
(not passive) on the end. But I have the scanner on a second SCSI card all
itself. I try to keep all internal and external SCSI cables short. Never
created a
"coaster" even at 8x with this setup. Tips? If you can, write a disk image
file
first instead of recording on the fly. Don't record at the CD-R(W)'s top
speed if
you don't have to. Turn off apps running in backgound and defrag your disks.

Sara Jane Boyers wrote:

> .. any suggestions on a
> good CD-RW to hold all the stuff?  And any considerations I should
> use as I shop?  --

Jim Hayes

Pixelography: The marriage of silicon and silver.
Images at http://www.jymis.com/~jimhayes

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.