Re: filmscanners: Re: Scanning problems(photoshop "compression")

Yes, I noticed same thing with photoshop 5.0.  Though I don't remember
whether it was 24 or 48 bit file.

Regards.

--- "Brian D. Buck" <bdbuck@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> On the topic of file compression....Has anyone else noticed that
> Photoshop
> 5.5's compression of 48-bit LZW TIFFs actually makes the file bigger
> than
> the uncompressed version? Not to mention it is achingly slow to open
> them
> up! On my machine it takes about a minute to open a 100MB LZW TIFF
> vs. about
> 10 seconds for an uncompressed TIFF. As such, I pretty much stopped
> using
> LZW compression.
>
> One interesting thing to note is that Vuescan's 48-bit LZW TIFFs are
> smaller
> than the uncompressed version, so this isn't something inherent to
> 48-bit
> files, just Adobe's way of saving them.
>
> Question: does anyone know if PS 6.0 does a better job with 48-bit
> LZW
> TIFFs? Does the new JPEG compression option for TIFFs work with
> 48-bit
> files? That would be nice.
>
> Brian.

=====
---  NOTE: EMAIL HAS CHANGED !!! ---------------------
Slava Zilberfayn    |  Home +1(416)7838430   |  Work +1(416)5931122x2486
EMAIL:   slavka012@yahoo.ca    OR   szilber@angoss.com
ADDRESS: appt 1219, 377 Ridelle ave, M6B1K2, Toronto, ON, CANADA