Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.6.1 Available

So given the two statements together, if one has a non infared capable
scanner (in my case SS 4000), does the "clean" setting reduce film grain
on my scanner as per second statement seems to imply, or need I put it
on "Scrub" as first statement implies in order to begin to see reduction
in film grain, regardless of dust removal?

EdHamrick@aol.com wrote:

>   * Modified infrared cleaning so setting "Options|Clean"
>     to "Clean" only changes pixels in the neighborhood of
>     dust spots.  "Scrub" and "Scour" reduce film grain
>     as well as remove dust spots.
>
>   * Modified non-infrared cleaning to remove progressively
>     larger dust spots and progressively reduce film grain.
>
>   --

Jim Hayes

Pixelography: The marriage of silicon and silver.
Images at http://www.jymis.com/~jimhayes

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.