filmscanners: Negative and CD storage methods

Since getting a filmscanner, I've become more conscious of the need to
store, protect, and organize my negatives.  I've also begun generating
alot of CD-R's that store the scans of these negatives.

For the negatives, I've purchased negative sleeve pages from
www.printfile.com which I like so far.  (Does anybody know of a good pen
for labeling these?  Ink pens like Sharpies smear and ball points don't
grip on the label area.)

For the CD's, I started out using CD-R blanks that came with jewel cases,
but as these started stacking up, I switched to CD-R blanks on spindle
(Kodak Ultima Gold).  I'd like to stick these in sleeves rather than jewel
cases to save space.

I have yet to figure out a good filing system to store a CD along with the
negatives.  I'm interested in hearing suggestions from the list on:

1) How they store/track CD-Rs, negatives, and sometimes index prints
   together
2) Numbering systems for CD disc names and individual file names
3) Suggestions for sources and types of CD sleeves

Thanks,
Collin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.