RE: Future of Photography (was RE: filmscanners: real value?)

I'm not too sure about the pixel and array size statement. The CCD's in
current 3.3Mpixel CCD cameras like the Olympus 3030 have a diagonal
dimension about a third that of the Canon D30 SLR digicam's sensor. As
signal processing and memory get faster and lower power (which happens at a
steady factor of 2 about every 18-24months) it will be reasonable to have a
30megapixel device in a camera like the D30 with pixels the same size as the
current Olympus 3030. Given Moore's Law (see:
http://www.intel.com/intel/museum/25anniv/hof/moore.htm ) this could happen
within the next 6 to 10 years.

  --Bob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.