Re: filmscanners: Epson 1520

A couple of things you may not know about the Epson 1520.  It is a fine
printer, in terms of quality of the printing, as it uses the 1440 dpi
resolution, but it doesn't support the newer variable dot printing,
which improves the gradients in light areas on their four color printers.

Also, be aware that although it supports paper up to 17" wide, it can
only print 13.6" wide.  The color cartridge is rather small for a wide
carriage printer, IMHO. Lastly, it is not the fastest beast compared to
newer models.  I do not know what it can handle in terms of continuous
inking systems.

Art

Preben Kristensen wrote:

> I have been offered a new Epson Stylus Color 1520 for 150 US $, which I
> would like to use for large B&W and color prints. I have a SS4000.
>
> Does anyone on the list have any experience with this printer? Can it be
> altered to other/better ink systems?
>
> Feel free to contact me off list at: krille@tin.it
>
> Greetings from   Preben

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.