Re: Pigmented inks was Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000

Well, firstly, if anything other than the head itself in involved, they
are required to replace or repair these units.  If a motor burns out,
logic or other electronics, power supply, switches, or paper drive were
to fail, that likely would not be ink related.

However, even if it was involving the ink system of the printer, Epson
may have chosen to be "kind" about these situations.  They recognize
that the permanent head could be made into a negative selling point, and
in fact, I have heard this exact argument from some sales people in
big-box stores.

I imagine Epson wants to "keep the peace" so doesn't make a big issue
about this, but they would certainly be in their rights to refuse to
replace or clean heads which were clogged or damaged when used with
other inks during the warranty period.

Art

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> Interesting to note that many, many piezography users have had printers
> replaced by Epson under warranty despite using pigmented inks and
> retrofitted continuous inking systems -- despite having told Epson what
> they'd done.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.