RE: filmscanners: Acer Scanwit 2720 problems

Tom wrote:
> I expect to get at least the same quality scan as when I scan a
> 4x6 print on a flatbed scanner. Am I expecting too much?

I had a similar reaction when I bought an Epson Filmscan 200.
I sent it back and got a Nikon LS30.  The thing you should
realise is that scanning film is a lot harder than scanning
a print - there's a *lot* less data in a print than on the
film.  You should also realise that scanning the film gives
you more options for what result you get than scanning the
print.

You ought to be able to get 10x8 quality out of the Scanwit
since it is (I think) 2700dpi.  You may need to do some
sharpening after scanning though.

Have you tried Vuescan?

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com