RE: filmscanners: [OFF] problem with image brightness

Julie writes ...

> Does everyone here embed sRGB colour spaces into web
> graphics? I wasn't sure if this was the best thing to do
> I assume it would help standardise how the
> images are displayed on different machines. ...

        You might want to consider embedding the profile ... that is, IE for
the Mac already is able to determine the profile and properly display
the image.  Who knows when this will happen for IE for Windows, or
when Netscape will catch on.
        It does of course, add to the file size ... but if it is intended to
be a full page high quality image, it will add only a few percent to
the JPEG.
        Better than reading the embedded profile, would be if browsers
"assumed" sRGB and displayed it accordingly.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.