Re: filmscanners: Re: VueScan 6.4.13 Available

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Geraghty" <harper@wordweb.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Re: VueScan 6.4.13 Available

> Byron wrote:
> > The image became extremely red/green posterized in small areas
> > for no apparent reason.   I suspect this bug would affect all
> > scanners and it is only in the deep shadows so you may not
> > notice until later.  So I've attached two small JPGs to
> > demonstrate (I shifted the black level up so it is easily
> > visible).
>
> This is the same effect I already notified Ed about.  He's aware
> of the problem and working on it AFAIK.  I thought he'd already
> fixed it actually.  It was much more obvious on my LS30 with a
> Provia 100F slide.  I think if you turn off the cleaning filters
> it goes away?  I haven't tried the feature since I saw the bug.
>
> Rob

Thanks Rob.  I've never use the clean filters so it is something else.  And
we have different scanners so it isn't scanner related.

It is on both my ProviaF 100 and 400 slides (that's all I tried).  I didn't
notice it on every shot but most had the problem.

I wouldn't have spent any time with it if I had known it didn't work
right...   It looks to be a great feature though...especially if we can get
multiple passes on the long exposure pass...gonna be AWESOME !!!!  :)))

Byron

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.