Re: filmscanners: Scratched Negs & Home C-41 processing

A good place to start is the Jobo website... www.jobo.com   They make a great
line of rotary drum processors for film and prints... you can start with one of
the low end units... it will give you temp controlled water bath for your drum
and chemistry, plus the advantage of the constant rotation.. they are perfect
for use with one shot chemistry, which is the only way to go with color for
consistent results as well as no hassling with replenisher... If you are on a
budget, then figure what the Jobo models are that interest you, then head on
over to ebay... they usually have several jobos at far less than new.. I picked
mine up with drums and reels at yard sale for $20...
But I still send my film to a custom lab...process only, sleeve, don't cut...
less hassle

Mike Moore

Edwin Eleazer wrote:

> I like that answer, at 2AM if I want.  Is there a decent website or book
> that you could recommend for someone that might be interested in developing
> his own film also. I'd never miss the cheap prints, and developing my own is
> something I have always been scared to try. I always made A(s) in chem lab,
> I'm a Pharmacist, and even though the drugstore is very accessible to me
> (too much so actually), I don't work at a 1 hour photo type pharmacy
> (although that would have obvious advantages), and I might want to try it at
> home.
> Edwin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.