Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000 real value?

Frank Paris wrote:

 > That's a long way from 100 years, though, claimed for the 2000P. I
suppose
 > that's next, though: 2880dppi, 100 years.
 >
 > Frank Paris
 > marshalt@spiritone.com
 > http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=62684

Epson tends to introduce their newer technologies in their middle price
products first to test them and then, as they become "proven"" migrates
them to the higher end equipment (which they don't actually make,
anyway).  This helps to avoid bid law suits from professional users.

However, being that the 7000 and the 9000 pigmented versions (the 7500
and 9500) were announced at the same time the 2000P came out, they must
be pretty sure the system works, since these are about the top of the
Epson line (again, the printers aren't made by Epson)

I'm still wondering, however, why the 3000 is being so neglected.  I
want my next printer to have a nice 16" or so width, speed, long-life
inks, and individual ink carts.  Where is the the 3000P or the 3500 is
my question?

Well, Epson is always at Comdex, and our Western Canada Comdex show was
delayed this year 2 months.  I hope to attend in March, and I'll just
have to drive the Epson guys their nuts with my questions. (I always do ;-))

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.