Re: filmscanners: LS 2000 newbie question

Mike writes ...

> I have recently purchased a LS 2000 scanner.
> Nikon documentation is subpar at best and
> their toll free customer support couldn't answer
> what I thought as a simple question.  ...

> Using digital ice software, what would be the
> the appropriate settings for the input and
> output width, height & pixel size to get a
> scan that I could cleanup in Photoshop and
> output to a 8X10 picture?

    "ICE" should have very little to do with it, and most of these
concerns belong to what resolution you may want to send to your
printer ... OR, like many of us, you might consider scanning at the
LS-2000's best resolution, and make all file size and resolution
adjustments in PS.
    Many of these concerns are described very well at www.scantips.com
... enjoy your LS-2000 ...

shAf  :o)