Re: filmscanners: Printer dither and discontinuities

Hi Tony.

> I haven't a problem with the gamut, it's wider than most print processes,
>it's that
> the Epson's seem incapable of subtlety in places. This becomes fairly obvious
>if
> you try and print a graduated bar that runs through all hues. This seems to
>be the
> case in sRGB or anything else.

I've found the same with the 1270, but what's worse is the saturation seems to
vary
across the spectrum.
Colour is either in-your-face for reds and yellows, or practically non-existent
for
blues and greens.

The inability to control the red and yellow saturation separately in the
printer driver
is infuriating, and the print cost per sheet is disgusting.
Mine's going back under Epson's buy-back programme.
I can wait 'til they come to their senses and take the stupid chip out of the
cartridges.

Regards,  Pete.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.