Re: filmscanners: Scratched Negs & Home C-41 processing

Tim,
Developing your own film correctly is very rewarding ,I started on B+W
when I was 11 and used an electric fire as my safelight !
Im certainly not saying don't do it ,just be aware of the limitations of
home processing.
Colour neg is relatively tolerant to processing imperfections BUT if you
do get it slightly wrong you will not achieve a perfect product.
The upside is that you can play with underexposing and push processing
to your hearts content and achieve some great results.
If the labs dip out its tough luck,that business.
regards

Michael Wilkinson. 106 Holyhead Road,Ketley, Telford.Shropshire TF 15 DJ
  michael@infocus-photography.co.uk      www.infocus-photography.co.uk
For Trannies and Negs from Digital Files

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.