     áòèé÷ :: Security-alerts
Security-Alerts mailing list archive (security-alerts@yandex-team.ru)

[security-alerts] Reports of a new vulnerability in Microsoft Excel

http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2006/06/16/436174.aspx

Reports of a new vulnerability in Microsoft Excel

Hi everyone, Mike Reavey here.  We've received a single report from a
customer being impacted by an attack using a new vulnerability in
Microsoft Excel.

Here's what we know: In order for this attack to be carried out, a user
must first open a malicious Excel document that is sent as an email
attachment or otherwise provided to them by an attacker.  (note that
opening it out of email will prompt you to be careful about opening the
attachment) So remember to be very careful opening unsolicited
attachments from both known and unknown sources.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.