  ПЕРСОНАЛЬНОЕ

  ПРОГРАММЫ

ПИШИТЕ
ПИСЬМА

     АРХИВ :: Inet-Admins
Inet-Admins mailing list archive (inet-admins@info.east.ru)

Re: [inet-admins] bl.spamcop.net

Victor Sudakov wrote:
Коллеги, какая репутация у bl.spamcop.net?
Вменяемы ли хозяева?

Лично мне внесение в dnsbl по такому критерию:

  System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam
  traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

кажется сомнительным, но может я ошибаюсь?

Я отказался от spamcop несколько месяцев назад.
Меня не устраивает вот это:

Q: Why not allow bounces? They are required by RFC822!
A: Originally, SpamCop made attempts to forgive misdirected bounce messages -
to reject them as evidence of spam. However, there are two factors conspiring
to force us to rescind this policy. First of course, is that these misdirected
messages *are* spam as we define it (Unsolicited Bulk Mail). They are
objectionable to recipients and can even cause denial of service to innocent
third parties. Users of our blocking service want us to stop them.

Second is that spammers have taken advantage of this policy, disguising their spam as
bounce messages in order to avoid SpamCop. If we did not change the policy, this would
become a highly popular way to "beat SpamCop".

Although bounces are required, it is possible to avoid the situation under which they are required (see above). So they aren't really required unless you have already 'painted yourself into a corner.'