  АРХИВ

  СТАТЬИ

  ПЕРСОНАЛЬНОЕ

  ПРОГРАММЫ

ПИШИТЕ
ПИСЬМА

     АРХИВ :: Inet-Admins
Inet-Admins mailing list archive (inet-admins@info.east.ru)

Re: =?koi8-r?B?W2luZXQtYWRtaW5zXSBCR1AgzsEg0MnTwMvF?=

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:58:00AM +0200, kad@blackcatlinux.com wrote:

> ну оно как бы идеологически внутри ядра не нужно. смысл ?
> да и на cisco оно не совсем kernel based. там это такой же процесс -
> просто API обмена netlink информацией чуть получше сделано идеологически.

Press Release
ну прикручено это. вернее притянуто. хотя работает. только подход там малость
другой нужен при настройке. т.е. дефолты, например, лучше не отдавать зебре
, а искать иные пути решения проблемы простой маршрутиации.

ниже тоже хорошо :) нельзя CLI даже использовать ;)

                                                               Source: Cisco
Systems, Inc.

               Cisco Files Lawsuit Against Huawei Technologies

               Thursday January 23, 8:35 am ET

               Suit Seeks to Prohibit Copying of Cisco's Intellectual Property

               SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 23, 2003--Cisco Systems,
Inc. (Nasdaq:CSCO -

               News), today announced that it has filed a lawsuit against
Huawei Technologies, Co., LTD and

               its subsidiaries, Huawei America, Inc. and FutureWei
Technologies, Inc. over Huawei's unlawful

               copying of Cisco's intellectual property. Cisco's suit, filed in
the United States District Court for

               the Eastern District of Texas, alleges that Huawei unlawfully
copied and misappropriated

               Cisco's IOS. software, including source code, copied Cisco
documentation and other

               copyrighted materials, and infringed numerous Cisco patents.
Cisco seeks remedies to prohibit

               the continued misappropriation of its intellectual property by
Huawei and recover damages

               resulting from Huawei's illegal actions. Cisco also served a
cease and desist letter on Spot

               Distribution, a Huawei distributor located in the United
Kingdom, for distributing Huawei

               products that copy Cisco's intellectual property.

               "Cisco's technological leadership is the result of significant
investment in research and

               development, and it is Cisco's responsibility to protect its
intellectual property," said Mark

               Chandler, Vice President and General Counsel, Cisco Systems,
Inc. "Cisco does not take any

               legal action lightly. However, Huawei has unlawfully copied
Cisco's intellectual property and

               refused Cisco's numerous attempts to resolve these issues. As a
result, Cisco has no choice

               but to protect its technology and the interests of its
shareholders through legal action."

               Cisco's complaint addresses the following claims:

                    Copying of IOS source code: Cisco alleges that Huawei has
copied portions of the Cisco

                    IOS source code and included the technology in its
operating system for its Quidway

                    routers and switches. Huawei's operating system contains a
number of text strings, file

                    names, and bugs that are identical to those found in
Cisco's IOS source code.

                    Copying of Cisco's technical documentation: Cisco alleges
that Huawei has copied

                    extensively from Cisco's copyrighted technical
documentation and included whole

                    portions of Cisco's text in Huawei's user manuals for
Quidway routers and switches.

                    Copying of Command Line Interface: Cisco alleges that
Huawei has copied Cisco's

                    Command Line Interface (CLI) and corresponding screen
displays. CLI, a key

                    component of Cisco's copyrighted IOS software, is the user
interface that enables users

                    to communicate with the routers. Extensive portions of
Cisco's CLI and help screens

                    appear verbatim in Huawei's operating system for its
Quidway routers and switches.

                    Patent infringement: Cisco alleges that Huawei is
infringing at least five Cisco patents

                    related to proprietary routing protocols and has included
these technologies in its

                    Quidway routers and switches.

               "Innovation and competition are the lifeblood of our industry
and must be preserved. But

               copying is not innovation and the misappropriation of
intellectual property is not competition,"

               Chandler continued.

               Cisco is seeking a preliminary and permanent injunction
prohibiting Huawei from using, selling,

               marketing, or distributing versions of their Quidway routers and
switches that infringe Cisco's

               intellectual property. Cisco also is seeking monetary damages as
compensation for Huawei's

               misappropriation of Cisco's intellectual property.

               A copy of Cisco's complaint can be found at
http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/filing.pdf.

--
Андрей Повольнов
Cisco Systems