[filmscanners] Re: FW: Who repairs Minolta scanners

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Minolta was bought by Konica, and is now called Konica-Minolta.  Have
> you contacted them to see if they offer such service or know who does?

Konica-Minolta, the combined version went through bankruptcy too
a few years ago, that's when Sony got hold of the Minolta camera
division and started with their Alpha cameras.  I think K-M reduced
down to making copiers and maybe some other industrial products,
most of it got jettisoned.  Nobody acquired the scanner division
as best I can tell.

Although I'm still using my K-M 5400 scanner, at least web searching
yielded nothing in terms of "factory support".

Acquiring Minolta was a big mistake for Konica. Minolta was
bleeding money and Konica wasn't able to turn them around.
Or so I've read.

Mike K.