From: LAURIE SOLOMON
Sender: filmsca
nners_owner@halftone.co.uk
To: lists@lazygranch.com
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: [filmscanners] R
E: Advice on scanner settings
Sent: Feb 26, 2009 9:35 AM

From my understanding JPEG 2000 is a dead fish in terms
of support and
adoptions.  If my understanding is correct
, you would wind up with orphaned
files that neither you
nor anyone else would be able to open and read in the
fut
ure; not good for archives. :-)  The standard JPEG and th
e TIFF are at
least universal and established formats tha
t are supported by almost all
programs and are likely to
be so in the future.

>You are should do the LWZ tiff.

 am not sure what you are trying to say here.

-----Orig
inal Message-----