[filmscanners] Re: Advice on scanner settings

Note that with vuescan, you can save raw images, then pro
cess them later. I generally don't work that way, but it
is another option.

In the scanning process, almost every
thing is done post processing. The exception would be mul
tipass scanning (usually multiple sampling, not really mu
ltiple passes) and a long exposure pass.

You would have
 to save the IR as well if you want to do "cleaning" from
 a raw image.

I just bought three 1.5 terrabyte drives,
which in Raid 5 should give me 3 terrabytes. When I built
 the PC, 300/byte was a big drive. My point, don't worry
about the size of the files. If memory serves me right, I
 paid $150 for the 300 gbyte drives a few years ago. The
1.5T Seagates were $109 at Frys.

Seagate already announc
ed the 2.5g drives. However, 3Tbytes should last the usse
ful live of the PC.