[filmscanners] Re: film and scanning vs digital photography

I honestly don't know enough about lens/optical mechanics to tell you
what the limitations are.

As I understand it, the "sweet spot" of most lenses in terms of
resolution is toward the middle of the lens, which is the area used on a
smaller sensor camera using lenses designed for larger frames.

However, when we get into issues like light falloff and losses due to
the angle of the light striking the sensor, I have no idea which becomes
more critical in the end result.

Art