[filmscanners] Re: film and scanning vs digital photography

From: "Berry Ives" <yvesberia@earthlink.net>
On 7/5/07 5:44 PM, "David J. Littleboy" <davidjl@gol.com> wrote:

> The 4/3 sensor is 1/4 the area of the FF sensors, and not really a serious
> format. If one is concerned with image quality.

I think that for you to say this is equivalent, in the film world, of saying
that 35mm cameras are not really a serious format.

Well, if you've been listening, I've been saying and/or implying that,
too<g>.

I've owned several 35mm cameras over the years, and always have come back to
medium format. The 5D is the first 24x36mm format camera I've owned that
I've been happy with. YMMV, of course.

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@gol.com
Tokyo, Japan