[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS30 & Vista

I just noticed your postings, else I'd have weighed in earlier.

Your problem may well just be that you have a SCSI adapter that isn't
supported by Vista — not all that many are, apparently, and if Vista can't
run the card then obviously it won't run anything that's attached to it
either.

I'd suggest you check here for Adaptec models that are supported, then see
if you can pick one up used — they're not usually expensive now.

http://adaptec-tic.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adaptec_tic.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.p
hp?p_faqid=14790

Several Adaptec models are natively supported and Adaptec list downloadable
Vista drivers for a few more.

Unfortunately I no longer have any SCSI gear to experiment with — passed my
SS4000 on some time ago (well, there is an old Epson GT8500 gathering dust
in the back room) and the couple of times I've looked at Vista just made me
shudder and uninstall it.

Maybe in another year or so...

--
PM