[filmscanners] Re: Strange light spill-over in Nikon LS-8000scan

That all sounds like a reasonable explanation.  Thanks.

Yes, the reason using the glass carrier is because the regular one sucks
(really, Nikon should be embarrassed, and then smacked in the head for
continuing to supply the flawed item with the LS-9000 and making you pay
$250+ extra to get a carrier that actually works).  However, I will try
it with the glass-less carrier and see what happens -- try to and
determine whether it is the CCD or the all those interfaces causing the
problem.  However, after hours of trying to get the glass-less carrier
to properly hold a piece of film, one of the hinges/clips on the top
cover broke, so now it holds even worse than before.