[filmscanners] Re: the minolta 5400II

hotbuyselectronics.com still has the Konica-Minolta Dimage 5400
II scanner available for the quite reasonable price of $489.98.
I just recieved one that I ordered from them yesterday.
Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to scan anything, because
I can't get the motorized drive to accept the slide feeder.  When
I insert the slide feeder, the motor makes a grinding noise, and
something bumps up against the feeder, but the scanner does not
accept the feeder.  Has anybody experienced this problem?  I'm
going to call Konica-Minolta/Sony technical support again
tommorrow, and if it is defective, I may have to return it to the
dealer for replacement--if they still have more.
Dr. Paul Patton
Life Sciences Building Rm 538A
work: (419)-372-3858
home: (419)-352-5523
Biology Department
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is
the mysterious.  It is the source of all true art
and science."
-Albert Einstein