[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan and 64bit Windows - Ed's reply

It worked!  I'll be d*mned!  ;-)

To have the 5400 II functional under x64 is great.  Thanks for the tip.

By the way, I also tried it with the Nikon LS-8000.  Windows x64 takes
the scanners.inf file to load the scanner, but as soon as you start up
Vuescan the whole system immediately crashes (the blue screen of death
returns!)  Windows tells you what happened but the screen with the info
is up for barely a second before everything is re-booted and could read
what it said.

So, the technique works for the KM Scan Elite 5400 II, but doesn't work
for the Nikon LS-8000.  Maybe Ed could find a fix for that.  ;-)