[filmscanners] Re: white LED vs Cold cathode flourescent

Hi berry,

It is just with slides. I haven't scanned any negs yet (since I
mostly take slides, Provia, and some early kodachrome (without ICE
on.) The saturation and cyan aren't overwhelming, but they are
noticeable, compared to the slide under daylight and scanned with the
Polaroid/Microtek.

I'm not sure what the issue is. My monitor is top of the range (ie.
Sony G520 CRT, and there's no obvious calibration problem between it
and the scanner). I've scanned with Nikon color management system on
and off.

Have you compared the neg scans you do with good quality prints of
the negs you're scanning?

Interested to hear any views. I'm using a Mac G4 under OSX 10.4

cheers

Maurice