[filmscanners] white LED vs Cold cathode flourescent

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how white LED light sources in film
and neg scanners (eg. Minolta Dimage Elite 5400 Mk II) compared with
cold cathode flourescent light sources (eg., Elite Mk I, and
Sprinstcan/artixscan 4000), when it comes to color fidelity.

I've been using a Spintscan 4000 until recently, which I've found to
have v good color fidelity (for slides anyway), but I'm thinking of
getting a more current alternative (eg. either of the Elites, or the
artixscan 4000tf).

I've had experience with the Nikon Coolscan V ED, with an RGB LED
light source, but this generally gives me raw scan colors that are
too saturated and which also err on the side of cyan, with a more
noticeable blue halo on image-object edges (more prominent than the
sprintscan anyway).

Any clues or advice appreciated

Maurice