÷ÁÛ ÂÅÓÐÌÁÔÎÙÊ ÆÏÒÕÍ ÎÁ mybb2.ru

[filmscanners] Re: financing an Imacon (was RE: slide scanner-Plustek OpticFilm 7200i)

BTW, list is Gary. I got off my arse and hopefully changed the username
field.

My gut feeling is scanning or even film developing is the low profit
part of the business since many companies can provide scanning services.
  [Custom Labs in Berkeley being the only one to bite the dust as far as
I know.] Lightjet (Fuji) or the other version that uses Kodak paper seem
to be the high profit item. Besides Cantoo, Lightwaves in Berkeley
provides such prints,  as does one in Emeryville that slips my memory.
[I never used the Emeryville shop, but a friend has made some very large
digital prints there.]

Since you are in the North Bay, maybe this scene will look familiar:
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/marin/barney.jpg
It's a part of Mt. Tam that faces the ocean, though we were a bit
beneath grade. Whenever you try to do those shaft of light shots, they
almost never look as dramatic as real life. In this particular case, the
fog was slipping over the hill, so the fog made the shaft of light
actually show up. [Fuji Astia 100F pushed one stop, Minolta 5400 II
scanner.]